1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bringing home a new pup

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dark_Knight, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Is that dog's name Brick Tamland?

2. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Well, that was kind of mean :(

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

It wasn't intended to be.
    This 'Dog: "Loud noise, loud noise, let's all make loud noise!"'
    Reminded me of the scene in 'Anchorman' when Steve Carrell yells 'Loud noises!'

I'm sorry if it came across as mean.

4. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Oh! No worries. I thought you were suggesting I was like Steve Carrell's character providing useless and irrelevant information. Told you I was sleep deprived!

5. turski7

turski7 Member

When training the beast, trainers say to use the "come" command at least 50 times per day. Over the months, the dog should be able to obey the first command, as opposed to saying it 2 to a million times.
    Ladies, I'm not sure about "no." I used it training my dog and he knows the difference between his name and when he did something wrong. I've never had issues using it with a deep voice to let him know of unacceptable behavior. Each his own I guess.

6. Dark_Knight

Dark_Knight Member

Nearing the end of Day 3 and I have to say Abbott has done remarkably well and has shown lots of progress through the past few days. The howling and crying isn't nearly as bad, I can actually leave the room now or go take a shower with the door closed without him freaking out; he's figured it out that if he's inside he needs to use the bathroom in his area, which is covered in newspaper, and although it's not outside just yet, it's progress; and to top it all off, he's turning out to be a really awesome dog that looks genuinely happy and he's smart as hell.

He hasn't shown any serious signs of being adopted early that the article stated, gb, which I know it's still early, but there's hope it'll stay that way. I took him to the park two times today and we played, we lightly jogged a little and he's been out ever since 8. I think I might have pushed him a little too hard cause he didn't even want to walk back to the car, and the second he walked in the door he went straight to his place and plopped on his pillow. But with all the energy he seems to have, I'm sure he'll be ready for another round tomorrow.

Thanks again for the advice, all. I can say that I haven't made many good decisions in life, but this little guy is definitely one of 'em.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Still waiting for a picture of the lil guy. :)

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

rumor has it, ijag PMs this very message to 3/4 of the members of sj. ; P

9. Dark_Knight

Dark_Knight Member

HEY-YO!

10. Dark_Knight

Dark_Knight Member

Let me get some pics uploaded to my computer then I'll have some posted on here later today.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Don't be bullied into posting pix of your dog.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The post of the day came early.

Draft saved Draft deleted