1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brigitte Bardot vs. 'The Religion of Peace'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Colonel Angus, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus Member

France's Bardot risks fine, prison over anti-Muslim remarks

PARIS (AFP) — A Paris prosecutor on Tuesday called for former French actress Brigitte Bardot to pay a 15,000-euro (23,000-dollar) fine and be given a suspended two-month prison sentence, for inciting hatred against Muslims.

In December 2006, the former sex symbol wrote a letter to France's then interior minister, Nicolas Sarkozy, claiming Muslims should make animals dizzy before sacrificing them at the Aid al-Kabir holiday.

She outraged French anti-racist groups by saying "I've had enough. These people have been dragging us by our noses, destroying us and our country by imposing their ways".

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hPZJ6kXv6zKUzTMVzgxUAZx9aIWw

I'm no animal-rights whacko, but anything that anybody can say anywhere to expose Islamic double-speak as far as the peaceful face it hopes to wear versus its warlike reality is good in my book.

Discuss.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

When you say "my book," are you referring to a publication by hondo?

3. No.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Oh, Hondo will be out of his basement sooner or later. Well, he might be afraid to 'cause all those Muslims are gonna kill him and his family

The funniest thing is that she wants Muslim groups to "make the animals dizzy" before killing them

What, blindfold them like "Pin the Tail on the Donkey"?

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I think the accepted method is grabbing them by the tail and spinning them around above your head.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'd rather be dead than dizzy.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Better Dead than Red, too.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

But no one gives a shit that some want her fined a large amount of money simply because of what she SAID?

9. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

If you're asking whether I think hate speech should be punishable by law, the answer is no. If you're asking whether I give a shit that BB has been charged with doing it for a second time, the answer is also no.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If the French want more freedoms, they need to chop off some more heads, methinks.

11. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

In other news of France, they also would want to make it illegal to incite "extreme thinness."

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/04/15/the-french-rethink-thin/index.html?hp

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

fixed.

Draft saved Draft deleted