1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

brief Tuesday night trivia

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by micropolitan guy, Feb 3, 2009.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

A respite from the Springsteen wards:

1. Name a 1990s movie in which a real-life younger brother saves the life of his real-life older brother.

2. Name a 1990s movie in which the star shakes the hand of the character he played in the movie during the actual movie (does that question make sense?)

3. In the West Wing TV show, who is Stu Winkle?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

1.) Complete off-the-wall guess here: Charlie Sheen and Emilio Estevez in "Loaded Weapon." (I looked it up to see if they were both in "Young Guns 2," they were not)

3. micropolitan guy

When you hear the answer it will.

Let me rephrase: Joe Smith is the name of leading character. In this movie, he shakes the hand of the real-life actual Joe Smith, who is playing another role.

4. micropolitan guy

BYH: That could be. But I've never heard of that movie. You've heard of the movie I'm thinking of as the answer to this question. In fact, it's quite timely.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I thought something like No. 2 happened in The Ryan White Story. I remember the real Ryan White played another kid in that movie.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

No. 2: Apollo 13 - Tom Hanks and Jim Lovell.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

They were both in Young Guns 1. Charlie played Dick, who led the regulators until he was shot by Buckshot Roberts. Can't remember if Emilio ever "saved" him in the movie.

8. micropolitan guy

Excellent get. One of my favorite movies. Lovell's is the last hand he shakes.

9. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Emilio is actually older than Charlie, so that wouldn't have worked anyway.

10. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Plus, Young Guns came out in the late '80s.

11. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Is Stu Winkle the member of the Cabinet left behind in Bartlet's First State of the Union?

Draft saved Draft deleted