1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bridge collapse in MSP

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gutter, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Let's go through it very slowly, marky.

Jesus, another one just on FNC.
    The female anchor...wow, ordinary people helping others in times of need.

SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!
    Why is this so shocking to these NYC-never-leave-the studio-except-for-Starbucks-runs-idiots?

God, I hate cable news.

I think you were suggesting that much of what we see on cable news comes from empty-headed anchors. To which I agree, even those on FOX who probably sleep with Cavuto's Wall Street buddies more often than they investigate what slips across the wire.

Someone will take your remark, which could be considered sexist, and ignore it in light of my bringing it up and blast me. But it's true. While there are some good female journalists, Wolf Blitzer and Shepard Smith aren't as bad as some of those you mention, which happen to be attractive women who look good on camera and can read a teleprompter. I don't care what I'm looking at; I want the news to come from a trusted source and so should you.

Sorry to ramble off the point somewhat. But that's why I called you smart. Coming from someone who swallows entirely what Fenian throws out, that's a refreshing change; hence, the tofu remark.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

#1 - I don't swallow everything Fenian says, but I do respect what he says because, unlike you, he backs it up with facts.
    #2 - You just could have said I agree, but no.
    #3 - The tofu remark still makes no sense.

3. "Maybe I should apologize for that because aside from the occasional spasm from you, you're not."

Inches from actual English.
    Apologize.
    Then read another book.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Maybe you should apologize for this instead:

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Your bias bleeds from your ears.

Fenian's "facts" are 70 percent suspect.

6. Festering guilt unassuaged by sincere apologies has been known to attack the centers of the brain involved in higher mathematical functions.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Run, Fennie, run.

http://www.smartgive.com/EventImages/1000650_mod.jpg

8. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

FEMA has released video of the scene. Very tight shots of some of the breaks. The link is here:

kmsp.com

10. Thanks, Mix.
    That's still stunning.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Someone who has an avatar like that should never call anyone biased.
    Your IQ, as low as it is, is 70 percent suspect.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The most eerie thing with the FEMA video is the lack of commentary ...haunting...

Draft saved Draft deleted