1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brianna Scurry isn't sending Xmas card to Hope Solo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shotglass, Sep 27, 2007.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

99 percent of national team soccer coaches on this planet make a similar decision Ryan did and lose, he would be fired. I think this is a fireable offense.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

don't know and couldn't care less. that said, hope solo is undeniably hot. she deserves all the camera time she can get.8) 8) 8)

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Losing 4-0 in a World Cup, is like losing 41-0 in an NFC Championship game.

Coach sucks, offense sucks and defense sucks and stud goalie sucks

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

stud goalie didn't play, you know. that's what this thread is about. ::)

5. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

If a move similar to this was made by say, the men's coach of any soccer-mad country, he'd be better off to just take a bottle of Advil and call it a life.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

If Solo blasts the coaching staff and leaves it at that, I don't have nearly the problem I do with her attacking Scurry. And as was mentioned before, she had better have been perfect before she did that, and she was not against North Korea.

Did you miss the part where it was pointed out that they are professional athletes?

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Ryan the leader in the clubhouse for the Dirk Koetter Memorial Cup. Did he think Solo was due for a bad game? The US team hasn't exactly lit it up in the tournament. They never seemed to be as dominant as they should have been.

The best team you've never heard of. And never will again.

8. reminds me of team canada sitting gretzky in shootouts back in the day against czech republic... bad decision

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I was being sarcastic about the over the hill second stringer trying to relive her glory years.

10. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

Solo can criticize her coach and be diplomatic. She shouldn't imply her coach knows nothing about the sport. She shouldn't slam a teammate and belittle that teammate's career. This makes Solo look like a spoiled brat. Good thing she's white and attractive. Otherwise, she'd get ripped to shreds for her comments.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Much validity in all of what you said. SHe can chew out her coach, and probably should. but she did come across as spoiled and yeah, I give you some of the pretty/white remark -- but a 4-0 loss also carries a good deal of weight to her argument.

12. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

The whole situation is a mess. Solo should've waited until after the tournament to go off, just for the sake of the third-place game.

The coach should never have made the move.

Draft saved Draft deleted