1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brian Tierney blasts ad staff and Guild, says costs must be cut by 10 percent

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by PHINJ, Jan 23, 2008.

1. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

You raise valid points, Frank. I've just heard horror stories about writers and editors having to cut back their football tabs because ads aren't selling. I would think in most parts of the country that would be a gimme section to sell.

If I had an ad rep telling me how to write a story, you're right -- I may react the same way. :)

2. CatchMeUp

CatchMeUp Member

proving again what a caring, thoughtful, sympathetic human being Jim Jenks is

3. 69Z

69Z New Member

Re: Brian Tierney blasts ad staff and Guild, says costs must be cut by 10 percen

Tierney (aka Big Turd) pulled this stunt a year ago, crying poor to the guild (a gutless bunch) and they layoff 71 in the newsroom including the entire suburban staff, ending mostly all suburban coverage. Most of what's left of the Stinky’s readership is in the ‘burbs. Excellent move. Their website ranks near the bottom. Doing it on the cheap, using the wires and no local coverage, drives the readers away in droves and soon, there are only blue bags in driveways. Curious about his threat of outsourcing jobs overseas, though. Phillies coverage from China?

Draft saved Draft deleted