1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brewers to hit Young And Restless

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by casty33, May 23, 2007.

1. casty33

casty33 Active Member

This news may be of interest only to Bubbler but I have learned that four members of the Brewers -- Jeff Suppan, Chris Capuano, Bill Hall and JJ Hardy -- will appear on the soap opera The Young And The Restless on June 20. This is the top-rated soap on TV and, yes, I admit it, one I have been watching since 1979. Apparently, the show that takes place in the Milwaukee area is having one of the main characters who is running for Wisconsin state senate meeting the players as a way of looking for votes.

2. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=609291

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hey... we know old people gotsta watch their stories... no need to apologize.. ;)

4. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I wonder if these guys will get ribbing in the dugout about their appearance on a soap opera ;D

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Mark my words, how one of the top soap operas ever managed to write a storyline around Milwaukee will be one of the great mysteries of our time.

6. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

It didn't write a storyline around Milwaukee. The show has always been set in Wisc.

"The Young and the Restless" is set in Genoa City, Wis., a tiny village near Lake Geneva that in real life is considerably smaller than portrayed on television. Bergman's character is running for the Wisconsin state Senate and takes advantage of a photo opportunity with the four Brewers, who play themselves in the scene.

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Saw that they'll make $375 for 15 minutes of work. What a pay cut that must be for those guys. ;D Suppan, at least, knows the Hollywood stuff being that he's from the San Fernando Valley. I think he still has a small lunch restaurant in Woodland Hills that is close to the Los Angeles Daily News offices.

8. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Probably less than you might think. To my recollection, more than a few baseball players (perhaps not so much the current generation, tho) have copped to being fans of the soaps. Days of Our Lives was pretty popular in the Royals' clubhouse.

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Hardy might get some shit for this line:

"She can warm up with me anytime. I need her name and number."

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey Casty, can you name the ROY who appeared on Y&R at least twice?

What's the deal with Sheila coming back as Phyllis? Is Lauren still hot? And is it true Nick died in a plane crash? WTF?

Signed,
    Used To Watch Y&R While Eating Chef Boyardee During The Summer

11. boots

boots New Member

Casty knows Y&R. Many a day have been spent with him debating the topics of Genoa City.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I've been to the real Genoa City, which is near my grandma's house ...

(crickets chirping)

And that's really all that needs to be said about that town, whose claim to fame besides Y&R is its proximity to the International House of Cheese on the Wisconsin-Illinois border astride U.S. 12.

As for the Brewers, holy moley. You combine the magnetism of the Brewers with the ultra-magnetism of ... dare I say it?

[​IMG]

VICTOR!!

I think the oddest celebrity sighting I've had was seeing Eric Braeden hanging out in the Lambeau Field press box, feasting on the spread. Apparently he's a big Packers fan. He's the only soap opera personality I could identify if my life depended on it.

Draft saved Draft deleted