1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brewers ticket advice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Simon

Simon Active Member

I'm heading to Miller Park tomm. for the first leg of my three MLB parks in 2 days road trip. The game is sold out. What are the scalping laws in Wisconsin? Do the Brewers have a walk-up line for day game tickets that aren't claimed? Any other suggestions? Also taking food suggestions and bar suggestions for Chicago.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

You should be able to find a few outside the stadium, although scalping is illegal within 500 feet of the stadium.

3. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

You can always try to get the $1 Uecker seats (obstructed view), which are only sold on game day. You can wander around the stadium for the first few innings and then sneak into an empty seat.

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

There's a resale zone located on the sidewalk along the first base side of Helfaer Field (the little league park outside the home plate gate).

With that said, the way the Brewers are playing lately I'm sure you can find someone looking to unload tickets around the gates.

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

To add on to Pope's suggestion, Uecker Seats go on sale 90 minutes before the first pitch ... so at 11:30 a.m. Sunday.

Done that a few times and either sat in other seats or walked around when the place was full. Plenty of great standing room-only spots on the ground level.

6. accguy

accguy Member

I don't have ticket advice, but I do advise this: Make sure you have a meat product with the special sauce on it. Mmmmmm.

7. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Advice; Next time you plan a mini-MLB road trip, get the tickets in advance. :)

Seriously, yes there is scalping as mentioned above, but keep in mind you'll have to pay for parking to get to those guys.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Not necessarily .... the bars on Bluemound (Steve's, LongWong's, McGinn's, etc.) all offer free shuttles ... from the bar to the stadium and back. Don't need to be 21 or even step foot into the bar to sneak on one of those.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Also, you might be able to find some tickets in the bars on Bluemound -- particularly Long Wong's or Kelly's Bleachers. If you have time to stick around, there will be Texas Hold 'Em at Kelly's Bleachers at 5. No cash, just play for points and prizes.

10. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

As for bars in Chicago, I never made it all the way around Wrigley before I had to go home, and I hit a couple after every game of a three-game series. Maybe I should have hit a longer homestand.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Simon, two bits of advice.

-- Have a chorizo. They're yummy.
    -- Boo Ned Yost for me in absentia.

Have a great time!

Draft saved Draft deleted