1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brett Favre Retirement Drama, 2008 Edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Jan 21, 2008.

1. What's he doing going downfield anyway? Dink and dunk it to the 40 and let your kicker win the game.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Brady has three times as many rings as Favre, about to be four times as many. He deserves the deification much more.

3. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Does anyone else think Brett Favre has been a very overrated playoff quarterback since his last Super Bowl against the Broncos?

Favre is 188-of-307 which comes out to about a 60 percent completion rate, but he normally doesn't throw the ball to his own team. He has thrown 18 interceptions as compared to 15 touchdowns (6 INTs against St. Louis). He's made terrible choices in those games (throw vs Philadelphia that led to the Eagles winning the 4th-and-26 game, throw yesterday against the Giants, etc) and is 3-6. He has also had only two games that are over a 70 QB rating.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I laugh at Brett Favre's postseason QB rating.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

6. pallister

pallister Guest

At least Grossman saved his "What the fuck are you thinking?" game-deciding pic for the Super Bowl. Guess Favre couldn't wait that long.

7. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

The stupid play was his pick against Philly a few years back.

That one was just bad.

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

And the horseshit throw that McQuarters intercepted and fumbled.

Did anyone see if Peter King's tears froze to his fat cheeks after the loss?

9. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

At least Favre gives a shit.

Glavine didn't.

10. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

It wasn't a bad decision to throw the ball. He just missed to the left ... badly.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The '03 toss against Philly haunts my dreams. It's weak that "4th-and-26" gets demonized more than Favre's idiotic OT throw in that game. Karl Malden's calcified cock has more zip than that ball had.

Oh and to all the Bears fans (Pallister, Good Doc, A_QB, and the rest of you cockbags) gleefully kicking the Packers when they're down? (Which I respect in the same kind of way I respect Khan for his unrelenting hatred of Capt. Kirk), just remember that Favre won one of these three ...

[​IMG]

... and the one and only one you won was when Mr. Mister was riding high on the charts before well over half of SJ, including myself, hit puberty.

Kyrie Elesion and lick my balls, bitches. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

That's all true, Bubbler, but . . . . . .

That "12-time World Champions!!!" thing is a bit misleading. Most of the fans who remember the first half of those haven't had a proper bowel movement since the 1980s.

Draft saved Draft deleted