1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brett Favre or Michael Vick?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mark2010, May 21, 2009.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Which quarterback,if either, do you predict will be the first to take a snap during a future NFL regular-season game?

If you were a coach/GM and had the chance to sign either for your team (feel free to state name of team) would you? Why or why not?

2. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

If I was Belichick, I'd have Vick workout. I obviously wouldn't sign him unless I was convinced that he could contribute. But I think Vick could still add an explosive quality to many teams. I don't think of him as a starting quarterback anymore, but he could be worked into some schemes. He'd be a very nice addition to the UFL.

I think Favre will probably be the first to take a snap, because he pulls this stunt evey offseason and returns in time to play. Until he doesn't, I think the track record speaks for itself.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If there is a God, Michael Vick will sign with the Bengals. And he'll do it in time to play a prominent role in the new season of "Hard Knocks".

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Vikings fan here, and "No, thanks."

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

... should both go the fuck away and never come back!

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Maybe they can both sign with the Vikings...

Vick plays the first eight or nine games in 2009 as Favre works back into shape. Once some of the teams get some tape on Vick, then switch up to Favre and have Vick come in 2nd or 3rd and short. Vick also plays in any cold weather games.

There it is, Chilly. Your liferaft for an extension into 2010 as Vikings' head coach. There it is.

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

At one time, I liked both players. Not anymore.

If forced to pick, I'd go with Vick given his age and ability to run the wildcat/possibly make a position switch.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Only a team who thinks they have zero chance of a winning record next season should sign Vick.

So, hello Oakland!!!

9. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

spnited:

It isn't good for your health to repress your feelings and emotions. How do your REALLY feel about these two gentlemen?

There ... doesn't that feel better? ;)

10. Grimace

Grimace Guest

But you have to admith that Vick would be a better pickup for my fantasy team.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

This is easy.

Favre

I like Vick and I want him to come back, but Rahjah isn't going to get all antsy about getting him back on the field.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If Vick signs anywhere other than Oakland, I'd be stunned. I know a few have mentioned Miami as a possibility, but I don't see Parcells making that move.

Do you sign the guy and make him a Kordell Stewart Slash-type? I don't know... I don't see him as a starting QB this season.

Favre will be with the Vikings. I have no doubt whatsoever that will happen.

Only a desperate head coach would touch either. I think Tom Cable and Brad Childress fall into that category.

Draft saved Draft deleted