1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brett Favre leads the Koren Robinson Pity Party

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6041840

::) ::)

2. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

As a Pack fan, watching that video was embarrassing, disappointing, ridiculous.

Maybe he should have a) retired if he didnt' like the fucking league and its rules, or b) FOCUS ON WINNING AND NOT FUCKING THROWING INTERCEPTIONS that kill his team.

Christ.

He's going to defend Koren fucknig Robinson, but wouldn't defend Javon Walker when he held out? Classy.

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Favre, to the tune of Ovaltine commercials:

More painkillers, please!

4. Editude

Editude Active Member

Favre's arc: Intriguing to talented to terrific to winner to reckless to why to cancer.

5. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Actually, he's only making a point that others in the NFL have made. I've talked with coach and GM types who wonder if the eviction from the complex is the best thing for a player's recovery. They usually wouldn't want them around the team, but it's a chance to give somebody a little more structure if you're actually trying to rehabilitate them. Of course, that point of view is largely self-serving.

Favre just has a bully pulpit and his weekly press conferences generate mandatory stories. I don't think linking this stance to the Walker stance is valid, and I thought he was wrong on that one. That, too, was a self-serving stance.

6. Starman

Bullshit. Koren Robinson should go straight to fucking jail. I'm tired of worrying about what's best for the poor, poor perpetrator.

7. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I was not arguing the penal aspects of the case, dickweed, and I don't think Favre was either. Up for discussion was merely the NFL policy, and not whether it was enforced correctly, but whether it's the right policy. The players have no reason to be surprised that it happens to them, and I'm not a substance abuse recovery expert, so I can't say whether the penalty address that or is a PR move.

8. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

How about what is fucking best for making sure the perpetrator doesn't do it again?

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't think he was disputing the suspension. I think he had a problem with the rule that prevents players from using the facility when they're suspended. That's legitimate...

But I agree that Favre sucks...

10. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I don't give a shit if he's got a problem with the NFL's rule or not, and thankfully, neither does the NFL.

Koren Robinson was a mistake as a signing anyway, and the more that comes out of GB, the more it looks like it was Favre pining for his arrival.

How is it not fair to draw the Walker comparison? Walker has a huge season, gets lowballed by the team after said season, then gets fucked in the media by the leader of the team, whose shitty throws he caught all year.

Robinson does stupid shit in the offseason, somehow gets signed by the Packers (wink wink, Favre may have nudged that along?), then when the inevitable happens, the Packers should be allowed to help him?

Fuck 'em both.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

That cracked me up.

12. Starman

That's easy. Koren Robinson never gets behind the wheel of a car again, or else he goes to jail for a long, long, long, long time. Problem solved.

Draft saved Draft deleted