1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brendon Ayanbadejo: Four NFL players considering coming out as gay

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Apr 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I agree with that. It's not Tebow.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Playing off that same theme, if one or more of these players is on the marginal side and gets cut during training camp, how long before someone tries to blame it on the player being gay?

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

And now the media will race to break the story early. The sideshow has begun.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And, somehow, the team's reaction to the over-the-top media coverage will be painted as being entirely the fault of the team instead of the beat-a-dead-horse meatheads covering the story that will populate both sides of the issue.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Can we measure that in nanoseconds?

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Cutler would be the Least. Surprising News. Ever.[/hiygster]

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Exactly.

Sounds to me like this matters a whole lot more to some social engineers than it does to the any player that might potentially come out.

In the assumption that someone is straight, whoever they're sleeping with doesn't affect your life. Why does anyone think it affects your life is someone is gay?

I couldn't care less who's sleeping with who (or is it whom? :D ). That busybodies have to make a political issue of it is a great indication of how our country is off track.

8. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

You really think if Brady was arrested for "something awful", it'd get a fraction of the coverage of a NFL role player coming out? I kinda think if Brady got drunk and beat up Gisele some night, it'd be a huge story.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Or the Packers.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It does seem like a bit of a check list item for the social engineers.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

ESPN's Dave Aldridge is reporting that former 49er RB Dave Kopay has come out as gay.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Say it ain't so ...

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.