1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Breastfeeding: Is there a time and a place?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Nov 13, 2008.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

By all rights it should, but I keep thinking of

a. baby imbibing pool water
    b. baby adding organic matter from various orifices into pool water.

:-X

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Is each breast like two scoops? That would bring me back.

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

You killed my boner, er, buzz. Now all I can think of is Raisin Bran.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Reminds me of the dad who called the high school coach to find out why his kid got kicked off the swim team. The coach replied it was because the kid had been caught urinating in the pool.

Dad: "Big deal. Lots of kids piss in the pool."

Coach: "Yeah, but from the diving board??"

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Wow. Really? Who knew this guy was a cockblocker.

[​IMG]

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

mmmmm, ice cream...

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

A few years ago, there was this really good Judge Judy episode.

A large group of people were in a waiting area in the front of a restaurant. One mother started breastfeeding her infant. She says she was being pretty discreet with a blanket covering her breast and all that.

Another woman gets in the mother's face and starts yelling at her for breastfeeding in public. The mother says she got scared, and, while holding her baby in one arm, slapped the other woman pretty hard, leaving a bruise or two. The two husbands nearly get into it, but are separated.

Judy awarded the woman who was hit her medical bills, but she was pretty sympathetic to the mother. No screaming or anything like that. She pretty much told the other woman that she was lucky to get her medical bills taken care of. She even joked about her daughters being breastfed.

Oh, and breastfeeding in a pool is ridiculous.

9. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

One time this happened amid a certain collection of people and my main thought was that some of the men in the room probably hadn't seen a bazonga in five or six years and she might want to consider who's in the audience before popping one out.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

So it was in a press box?

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

One woman breast-fed while I was in the press box once, covering a track meet. Freaked me out, felt uncomfortable and starting wandering around the track ASAP. Only problem was, she helped run the meet from the press box and it seemed like she breast-fed most of the four hours I was there.

Draft saved Draft deleted