1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Breast implants

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by indiansnetwork, Sep 21, 2006.

1. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Very interesting story here, strange but apparently true. Having bigger breasts (all though fake) doesn't mean happiness. I think this is more of a statement to the mental make up of woman who chose breast implants. Could be the woman that chose these are depressed because they work as strippers or that they were constantly teased for having small breasts. http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20060920/sc_space/breastimplantslinkedtohighersuiciderate

2. I think a lot of women get plastic surgery becasue of low self esteem. Having lower self esteem often leads to depression, which in turn leads to suicide. Makes sense.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Ding, ding, ding. A lot of women get plastic surgery thinking that it will make them happier, and it just doesn't.

I don't think profession plays that much into it. There are plenty of who aren't involved in the adult industry in any way, shape or form who have implants. That's quite an outdated stereotype.

4. indiansnetwork

Yea you could be right about that, I am not sure haven't been in a adult lounge in a long time. Maybe someone who has recently can update us on that.
    Most likely your right about having low self esteem and such. That is a terrible waste of life to kill oneself like that.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Anyway, I think part of it too is that breast implants often look too obvious, so people aren't impressed so much as saying "yeah, she got enhanced." Plus, wouldn't the woman getting implants possibly feel the weight of knowing that deep down, she's faking part of herself?

6. 5A

5A New Member

Where does Marilyn Manson fall into this debate?

7. dooley_womack1

Hopefully in a non-pictoral way.

8. sportschick

9. dooley_womack1

I so hope Mizzou runs up the score.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Bigger breasts make me happy!

11. sportschick

You earned with your silly trash talk. Mizzou's not even gonna cover the spread. :)

12. indiansnetwork

Marilyn Manson is from Canton Ohio I am sad to say.

Draft saved Draft deleted