1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Breaking News: Pat Summerall is alive.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, Jan 1, 2007.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Anyone know if he might do one of the other BCS games, Wake-Louisville maybe?

2. markvid

markvid Guest

No...
    Sugar Bowl: Kenny Albert, Terry Bradshaw, Howie Long.

Orange Bowl: Terry Donahue, Pat Haden, Matt Vasgersian.

Fiesta Bowl and BCS National Championship Game: Barry Alvarez, Thom Brennaman, Charles Davis.

3. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

Pat Summerall was horrible. He made me quite angry with his terrible announcing job. Every time Mo Purify got a catch, he said, "Puri-fee, uhh, Puri-fie". Then he just gave up trying to say it the right way. C'mon, it's not Ola Dagundero.

He must be blind, because it was obvious someone was feeding him what happened on every single play, and it took him a few seconds to process it.

Not to mention that it looked like Fox had never produced a college football game before. The sound was terrible, and there were random camera shots all over the place.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Oy vay -- that Sugar Bowl announcing crew ...

5. At least I've heard of all three guys.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He's still got a great voice.

Doesn't excuse all the bumbling and stumbling.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

One reason FOX had crazy camera angles: The NU punter knocked out the SkyCam in warm-ups.

It was just a matter of time, as I've wondered for the last 5 years.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

You'll never convince me Summerall was actually at the Cotton Bowl. They had him record a few names before the game and went with the Madden PS2 soundtrack.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Outing alert: Mustardbased is Bill Simmons.

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Who's calling this game in radio? The Pats-Lions game was all the Vasgersian I want to hear for a long, long time.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I'll take Summerall yesterday over Brennaman, who was atrocious on the Fiesta Bowl.

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I didn't think Brennaman was awful. Summerall didn't sound like he was a day over 105.

Draft saved Draft deleted