1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Breaking news: I have TJ Simers' official response....

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jason_whitlock, Aug 29, 2006.

1. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

that's the funny thing about recall.

Person A can remember every single detail about an event. What it meant, what it did to their life, what The Other Asshole was wearing that day.

Person B blocks it out and/or doesn't remember the details a week later.

I don't know TJ. Don't really give a shit if he's a dick, or just plays one on TV.

Sure, he sent the stuff along as a clarification. It would be the same if I sent along a clarification of that unfortunate barnyard incident. Hey, it was YEARS ago, and there weren't even any charges filed.

But to continue to vilify the dude over stuff he did 25-30 years ago is just silly. He gives everyone so much fodder TODAY, and that should be plenty.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You know, especially at your age, a prostate exam can help diagnose this problem

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You don't have a going problem, you have a growing problem.

4. Jones

Jones Active Member

While I agree this thread is about assholes, it shouldn't be about mine.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I am not going to weigh in on the "jerk or not a jerk" talk. Although, like Jones, I know Spnited, and he will generally get my benefit of the doubt. I just don't know enough about this, or really care.

I am, however suspicious of someone who cares enough to send that message--which clearly was a measured response--to someone else to post, but is above coming on here and just posting it himself. It smacks of trying too hard to appear to not try too hard, which makes me wonder how shifty the person behind it is, and for what reason. If I felt someone had wronged me here, I would do one of two things: 1) chalk it up to an anonymous message board and ignore it or 2) Show some balls and respond myself, under my name. Either one of those are legitimate responses to me. I certainly wouldn't e-mail Whitlock to do my bidding.

6. Ragu, he defended himself using his own name. He just didn't register. Don't get all nitpicky.

7. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

What is the obsession with TJ Simers and Jason Whitlock on this Web site??

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I hope in 10 or 15 more years we can drag some people in here to explain what happened to me at one or two of the places I've been ... I don't have a dog in this hunt, but it is fascinating to watch.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Now about that night at Marshall's...... 8)

And this was Whitlock's way of showing he's a big enough deal for Simers to use him as a message boy.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Lord, if it had been only one night ...

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You got that right. :eek: Lost about half my brain cells there.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

So who will Mark Blaudschun and Joe Sullivan contact to pass on THEIR responses?

Draft saved Draft deleted