1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Breaking News:Duke lacrosse prosecutor wants out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Jan 12, 2007.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

AP 9 minutes ago

RALEIGH, N.C. - The district attorney in the Duke lacrosse sexual assault case has asked the state attorney general's office to appoint a special prosecutor to take over the case.

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

It's about time. Maybe the next prosecutor will actually know what the hell he/she is doing.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Anyone in America could see this coming.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Is that anything like this story?

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/36244/

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I think the proper thread placement would be sports and news. But, of course, when it come to Nifong's prosecution, anything goes.

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Nifong is garbage. What a tool, hanging these kids out to dry for his own political gain. Screw him.

7. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

I wonder why he wants out.

8. Msaint

Msaint Member

"He still believes in the case. He just believes his continued presence would hurt her."

My honest first reaction: there's still a case?

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

They should let him out -- of his job.

10. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

For SURE!!!

Look, I hate this "trial by media" stuff & I don't want to engage in the same here the other way. It is so difficult to really get a handle in any case if you are not there an have not reviewed the evidence, etc.

That being said this case & Nifong both stunk to high heaven from the get go and there were far too many media outlets that piled on because it fit their PC template (another case of not letting the facts get in the way of a good story).

Sure it was a legit story that had to be covered & sure the charges were serious, but the wheels came off this early on and people should have been more cautious for those kids sake & the sake of justice.

Again, people seem to have lost the notion that we are all presumed innocent in this country.

Based upon the leaks, the DNA test, the defense statements, Nifong not interviewing the accuser till WAY late in the game, the accusers past false charges & behavior even that night (which can go to credibility), and most importantly the accusers WILD inconsistent statements - yeah it looks REAL bad for Nifong.

If it is as it looks I hope he gets what he deserves, bc it looks a lot like he used these kids to get reelected and some national pub.

Now who is going to give those kids back their reputation?

Anyone...anyone...Bueller?

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

So ... Nifong used the media to try and get everyone and everything associated with Duke University convicted before a trial ever took place. Now he wants out.

F_cking scumbag. Disbar this bastard and let him speed out of Durham County with his tail tucked between his legs. Sorry piece of sh_t ...

12. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Best suggestion I've heard yet. Kudos, Sam. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted