1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Breaking it off...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, May 13, 2009.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Was thinking the same thing.

You could always just write her a letter--you know, with a pen---and snailmail it to her. That' kinda romantic.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

We're here for you, Moddy.

:)

3. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm a bit presumptuous, or maybe I think she's more into me than she actually is, but I think it's at the point where I'd be hurting her, rather than just her ego. So yeah, I'd like to do it civilly.

4. lono

lono Active Member

You only need worry when she changes it to, "It's complicated."

5. beanpole

beanpole Member

Four dates in, you can do it by phone. If you have a few weeks or months in, she deserves a face-to-face talk.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

She's married to ME. Complicated is normal.

It's been 30-plus years since I've been in the dating field. WAY back when, afore most a you kiddies was born, three dates was the line. You hadn't "hit it" by the third date, wasn't going to happen, wasn't no sparks, everyone moved on. No calls necessary.
    Four really doesn't seem much beyond that, the sex angle aside. This isn't a long and deep and involved relationship. What's four dates these days, two weeks? Jeebus.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I think a post-it is the way to go. Of course, Carrie Bradshaw would beg to differ.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Be a jerk to her until she breaks up with you.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Moddy hints at the more complicated issue here: If you've slept together, maybe a phone call is kind of a dick move. But, it also might be exactly the right move too.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Start eyeing up her friends once it says "In an Open Relationship."

You could become an orgy guy.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I thought Chef was going to tell us a tale of what he did when his toe was frozen.

12. How, ahem, productive were the four dates?
    The level of, ahem, productivity has a bearing on the emotiional intensity of the relationship and, therefore, on how to end it.

Draft saved Draft deleted