1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Breaking Bad Season 5 Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Jun 4, 2012.

1. NDub

NDub Guest

Walt Jr. all excited and worked up while Walter drinks a listens. Sort of.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/02/breaking-bad-season-5-clip/

Yes, the conversation is a spoiler if you have not seen how season 4 ended.

2. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

8 more days until the debit. Can't wait.

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

You watching it on Pay-per-View? :D

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Hoping I can find BB online somewhere since Dish screwed us out of AMC.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

We don't have Dish up here. Is it a major cable provider? What's the beef? Oh, wait, how much money are they fighting over?

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

DISH is one of the two major satellite providers, along with DirecTV. They had a similar dispute with Fox a few years ago, and dumped FX and the regional Fox Sports networks for a few months before settling. I think it has something to do with the networks wanting to raise the rights fees to carry their programming on the various providers. For whatever reason, DISH always wants to play hardball.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yeah, it has something to do with carriage fees. I've actually been pretty satisfied with Dish outside of those two little snits. When the thing happened with F/X, they gave us a free month of HBO to counter it.

As for AMC, they're pretty arrogant to think people will switch service providers over their one station. Take away BB, Mad Men and the Walking Dead, and the rest of their programming is garbage.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

That's horrid.

9. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Last time I post using my phone.

Six more days. . . can't wait.

10. NDub

NDub Guest

The AMC original programming commercials are funny.

It shows the title card for say Breaking Bad, and you've got a voiceover guy who says "Breaking Bad. Available on cable and satellite. Except DISH Network."

The end.

Ha ha.

11. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I dropped cable since the last season of BB.

'm assuming I can buy the episodes individually as they come out on ITunes, like Mad Men, right?

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Didn't even realize AMC had disappeared from Dish. Disappointing, but I still prefer Dish over DirecTV in a runaway.

Draft saved Draft deleted