1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Breaking Bad Season 3 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Mar 16, 2010.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Don't understand that sentence.

2. Netflix?

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Alan Sepinwall has his review up:
    http://www.nj.com/entertainment/tv/index.ssf/2010/03/breaking_bad_no_mas_no_country.html

Seems like a big theme of this season is going to be Walt accepting his new lot in life. Last season they took him down that road (and took Jesse the other way), and last night they kind of reset it a little. Between Skyler knowing about Walt, the cartel on its way and the other pressure that's going to build, though, you just know Walt will slide back toward the dark side.
    Personally, I can't wait for the scene when we see Walt quietly say, "I'm the bad guy" right before he takes out the two cartel assassins.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I watched for the first time last night and I'm hooked.

Wish I could find the first two seasons somewhere.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If you have Comcast, I think they still have all of Season 2 available On Demand. Seasons 1 and 2 are also both out on DVD, whether you have to buy them, Netflix 'em or even get them from Blockbuster.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I can't see Gus (or Saul for that matter) letting Walt walk away that easily.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

So what did he do wrong to develop cancer?
    And what did his son do, aside from being annoying, to be disabled?

8. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

San Jose Mercury News (CA) - August 26, 1987 - 14B California News

BOTH PLANES IN CERRITOS CRASH SHOWED ON RADAR, REPORT SAYS

Both an Aeromexico jetliner and a private plane that collided over Cerritos almost a year ago appeared on radar screens at air traffic control headquarters, a National Transportation Safety Board report says, contradicting the air controller's testimony.

Air traffic controller Walter White's "failure to see this (radar) return and to issue a traffic advisory to (Aeromexico) Flight 498 contributed to the occurrence of the accident,"...

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=WQ8TAAAAIBAJ&sjid=ovoDAAAAIBAJ&pg=3083,1899358&hl=en

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I remember that crash. Interesting congruence.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

They meant passing judgment since he started in the meth trade.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Good episode tonight. The scene where the hired guns confront Tuco's grandpa was the reason I watch this show. Very taut scene.

12. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

The hired guns confronted Tuco's grandpa?

It seemed to me like a mutually agreed upon information presentation. The old man certainly looked as if he was eager to hand over the name they were seeking.

Now the cousins sitting on the bed -- that could've ended up to be a true confrontation.

Draft saved Draft deleted