1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Break up of the WVIAC

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jun 18, 2012.

1. I think you are correct.
    I'll bet only a handful of schools or teams had guys on full scholarship.
    Shepherd is a private school. Glenville, when it was good, had a young Rich Rod as head coach and a big money donor.
    Wesleyan was the same at the turn of the century. Concord had a pretty good run in the late 80s and early 90s.

Tech made history in the late 80s and early 90s for its prolific losing streak. The head coach at the time won a game, jumped in the Kanawha River and made Sportscenter.

The full rides come on the back of a wealthy donors wallet and only last a few years.

Man, I would not want to attend one of the football focused schools. Bet tuition goes through the roof to fund the scholarships.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Shepherd has one of the most beautiful football venues I've ever seen. You go south out of Hagerstown, Md., about 10 miles to the West Virginia state line. You cross this iron span bridge, and just as you get off the bridge, the stadium sits sunken off to the left side of the highway.

Draft saved Draft deleted