1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Braylon Edwards arrested for DUI

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by yournamehere52, Sep 21, 2010.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

excellent

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It's funny how things have changed. The NFL celebrates Max McGee for staying out all night before Super Bowl and now wants to suspend Edwards.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Does anyone really expect Edwards to catch a cab?

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Did Max break the law or a team rule? The league also suspended Hornung and Karras for a year (1964) for gambling. Things were different then. McGee probably worked a paycheck job in the off season. Edwards? not so much.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Well done.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I read somewhere in reaction to this that the Jets may re-sign Santonio Holmes instead of Edwards this offseason. If that is true, and I'm not sure that it is, that is some funny shit.

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Sounds like the Jets need to take some advice from Winston Wolf: "Let's not start sucking each other's dicks yet."

8. Boom_70

Edwards can't even hold his liqueur.

9. outofplace

More importantly, did McGee drive drunk, or just get tanked? I still don't give a shit if a guy drinks, but once he gets behind the wheel, he is a criminal. He made an incredibly selfish choice that put his life and the lives of everybody else on the road in danger.

10. Boom_70

Absolutely agree on the behind the wheel part but back in the day rabble rousing was looked upon as a virtue now it is considered selfish.

Just an observation of the times and how they have changed.

11. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Not to crossthread here, but in the AP story, it talked about the Jets' distractions this season and talked about Inez Sainz situation. I hardly believe any of the Jets players figured that to be a distraction on any level. This, on the other hand ...

12. outofplace

That's the thing. The Jets have chosen to build this type of team. They don't give a shit about character. They have proven it with some of their personnel moves and they are proving it again by not punishing Edwards for his behavior. And no, not starting him doesn't qualify.

I am getting a kick out of Jets fans trying to defend him and the team. One idiot I heard on the radio said that Edwards may have been drunk, but he wasn't driving recklessly because he was pulled over for his windows being too tinted. Driving drunk IS driving recklessly.

Another one tried to say that Edwards didn't violate team rules because this happened on an off day. That is why supposedly the Jets are justified in not suspending Edwards even though the Steelers did suspend Holmes a while back when he was arrested for marijuana possession.

These people need to accept that Edwards is, at best, immature. He committed a criminal act and it wasn't his first. And the Jets just don't care.

Draft saved Draft deleted