1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bravo's "Tabloid Wars"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OceanLottery, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Hud Morgan is a whiner. But he's no different than many 25-year-old reporters across the country.

That bit with the reporter stumbling across the Catholic priest at the restaurant was priceless.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

no, he's far from typical. he's a gossip/entertainment whore, for cryin' out loud. :eek: :eek: :eek:

a guy named hudson morgan has no place at a n.y. tab. they should fill us in on how he got the gig.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about his gig, I'm talking about his attitude. Many, many kids his age have the same "I hate my job and should be doing serious journalism" mindset. Just insert "covering preps" for "assistant to a gossip column."

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

he's a dick. period. :eek: :eek: :eek:

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

When do the late-night repeats of this run?

6. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Agreed on Hud. Overentitled. He needs a few years at a small paper in the sticks. Having to do the prostate story really put him in his place.

Last night's stumble upon the Monsignor in the Hamptons was beautiful!

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I think it varies. This week it's 1:30 a.m. Eastern Friday night/Saturday morning, I believe.

8. jasonmcintyre

jasonmcintyre Member

While I haven't watched the show, I know Hudson a little bit.
    I'm fairly certain he went to an Ivy League school (Yale?) and about 6 months ago left the Daily News for Men's Vogue over at Conde Nast. Interesting individual, for sure.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've seen two episodes and enjoyed both.
    They need to get rid of the gossip/celeb angles.

10. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

edit: I'm an idiot

11. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Yep. You read the bio on BravoTV.com, too, right? ;D

12. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Tonight's episode finally features some sports... (minor spoiler)

A young intern is sent on his first real assignment: to cover an NY Liberty game.

Unfortunately, starting next week the show is moving to Mondays at 7/6 central, presumably due to low ratings.

Draft saved Draft deleted