1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bratwurst & Pepsi poll

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Jun 13, 2007.

?

Which would you rather try?

Poll closed Jun 20, 2007.
  1. Pepsi Ice Cucumber

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Kiwi brat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maraschino cherry brat

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Lemon brat

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  5. Aloe vera brat

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Truefflebratwurst

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070613/ap_on_fe_st/cucumber_soda_2;_ylt=AlhdNSe5bhUfZFuXDWtkx_gE1vAI

Japanese are staying cool as a cucumber this summer with "Pepsi Ice Cucumber" — a new soda based on the crisp green gourd.

The soft drink, which hit stores here on Tuesday, doesn't actually have any cucumber in it — but has been artificially flavored to resemble "the refreshing taste of a fresh cucumber," said Aya Takemoto, spokeswoman of Japan's Pepsi distributor, Suntory Ltd.

"We wanted a flavor that makes people think of keeping cool in the summer heat," Takemoto said. "We thought the cucumber was just perfect."

The mint-colored soda is on sale just for the summer and only in Japan, Takemoto said. She said initial sales were brisk, and Suntory aims to sell 200,000 cases over the next three months.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070612/od_nm/germany_sausage_dc;_ylt=Aho.1uAITvloxKLFXiAM_8UuQE4F

Hoping to spice up their summer business, German butchers have introduced a new line of exotic-tasting sausages with flavors ranging from kiwi, maraschino cherry, lemon and even aloe vera.

The wide variety of new ingredients may seem like heresy to what is for many ordinary Germans the national dish. But for others the new flavors may help negate stagnant demand for the greasy Bratwurst you can find on almost any street corner.

Berlin butcher Uwe Buenger has developed a "chili-honey" Bratwurst while rival Dankert has come up with a "kiwi wurst" that also includes pineapples and maraschino cherries, Bild newspaper reported Tuesday.

For sausage connoisseurs, there is also the "Truefflebratwurst" that includes truffle, a fungus spiced with black and white pepper. Other sausages in Berlin are made of lamb, ginger, parsley, cardamom and edible blossoms.

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Why does one feel the need to improve on the brat? ???

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I've had one with pineapple and it was very good. I leaned towards the aloe vera one. Aloe is a drink that I love, so I can easily see that getting placed into bratwurst.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Could I rub the aloe vera brat on me if I get sunburn?

And the Brewers bratwurst race might take on Kentucky Derby-like proportions if all these exoti-brats make their way in.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

fixed

6. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Does this mean Will Leitch reads SportsJournalists.com? http://www.deadspin.com/sports/mmmm%2C-cucumber-pepsi/to-watch-tonight-268377.php

7. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I prefer Pepsi Ice Other-side-of-the-pillow...

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I know here you can already buy them with stuff like portobello mushrooms and Monterey Jack cheese. Usually at a package of four for $5.

Draft saved Draft deleted