1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

braggin' on your kid thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bob Cook, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

He's still young, so I'll go with he measured in the 75 percentile in height and weight and 90th percent in head size at the six month checkup. Baby Bob is going to be a big one, I hate to see the grocery bulls when he hits 12.

And, IMHO, it's an accomplishment for me if I can successfully allow Mrs. SLydell to get the nasitiest diapers.

2. chester

chester Member

My little girl is just starting to string words together into sentences. Sure, they're choppy and sometimes incoherent, but it just amazes me how much things change and how much she grows each week.

3. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

I really like the idea of this thread.

And I must brag about my daughter. She happens to have the coolest parents in the world. ;)

4. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Jake is a week from 15 months and we're already a duet. I sing "Old MacDonald had a farm ..." and he says "Ei-Ei-Ei-Ei-O"

Jesus, I love that little bugger more than life itself.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

My younger son keeps asking me "Are we going to Disney today, Dad?" And I have to keep telling him it's not for a few weeks.

6. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Great thread!

No kids yet for me, but I do have the cutest little niece in the damn world. Seriously, she should be in commercials.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Hey, we can make this braggin' on nieces and nephews, too. No sense being exclusionary here.

8. Jones

Jones Active Member

Right now, my kid has more hives than your kid.

9. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I will brag on the 17-year-old WonderCousin. This girl is so smart, so mature, so compassionate and has excellent taste in handbags. I'm proud that we have a good relationship where we communicate pretty regularly.

10. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

The elder FotFette had her first shift as a lifeguard at the Y the other day. Before her first break she had to pull an old glug-glugging lady out of the pool before she sank like a matzoh ball. So much for first-shift jitters. I told her not to put pressure on herself--if she saves one life a week she'll be doing well.

YD&OHS, etc

11. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Yeah, I don't know about that. Cocaine and hookers are expensive.

Draft saved Draft deleted