1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brady's Big Bucks not making many Cleveland fans

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 23, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He's developing a personality that only Ryan Leaf would love...

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

If the kid doesn't do pretty well, my guess is that he won't go over well in Cleveland, a blue-collar city. To demand the money he's getting for a traditionally sub-par team in an historically winless city is quite ballsy.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

What's the point of this post? Just being stupid for stupidity's sake? Chuck, you're better than that.

It's a dumb move on Quinn's part. Of that, there's no argument. But if the kid is successful and the Browns win, fans will forget.

4. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Unfortunately today's athletes are paid so little they're forced to ask for money for autographs, along with holding a job in the off-season.

Just last week I saw Paul Pierce painting my neighbors house.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I remember something like this happening in my area back when UK won the national championship in 1996. Scott Padgett was going around to different towns signing autographs, but the catch was you had to buy whatever items the UK media relations people (or whoever the fuck they were) were selling. I got in line unaware of this when a lady and her son who were in front of me told me about it. I was 11 at the time and I was by myself, so I didn't have any money. The lady let me stand with them when they bought something just so I could Padgett's autograph.

I know it's worthless now, but I've still got that t-shirt hanging in my closet at home...

6. KYSportsWriter

He's a Michigan fan, that's what's wrong... :D

7. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

George Foreman did a book signing at a local grocery store. People could bring in books (bought there, or elsewhere), gloves, pictures, whatever they wanted, and he would sign them. The man was very, very patient, talking to anyone who wanted to, signing multiple items for some people, posing for pictures. That's the way an autograph appearance should work.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Says the man who still has Scott Padgett's shirt in his closet...

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I think I'd have to bring in a certain countertop appliance he's familar with and have him sign it:

Finish on the Grill,

George Foreman

10. KYSportsWriter

Correction: Not his shirt. It's a national championship t-shirt from that year with his autograph. :D

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Oh yes. That makes it much more better.... ;D

12. Colton

Colton Active Member

I hate Notre Dame.

Wish the Browns hadn't made the deal to take Quinn.

Draft saved Draft deleted