1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brady vs. Manning, Colts-Patriots thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bob Cook, Nov 9, 2009.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

No, they didn't. They had bigger offensive names that were paid bigger salaries. That's it. They almost never had a better team.

Everything starts with defense. The Colts' defense has been occasionally good, usually mediocre and sometimes horrible. Patriots win that matchup every year, and it takes all the Colts can muster on offense just to close the gap.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If you are going to compare numbers, Manning has had the edge. He has had better offensive weapons around him most of the time. Brady never had comparable weapons until 2007.

When comparing victories, Brady has had more help, for the reasons BTE just laid out.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

This argument is about 45 years old. Only the names have been changed from Chamberlain-Russell to Manning-Brady.

Better team won then. Better team wins now.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Only one of them has three rings AND the greatest statistical season by a QB in NFL history.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

So you are telling me 2001 Kevin Faulk is better than 2001 Edgerin James?

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

True. Just saying that you can make the argumen that Manning has had more seasons with better offensive weapons around him, but Brady has played on stronger teams overall.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

OK, chief.

8. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I'd have no problem with either being the QB of my team. They're 2 of the 3 best QB's in the league right now.....anyone that doesn't agree with that is nuts.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Man Zag,

I honestly think you just like to argue. You would be great on ESPN.

10. zagoshe

The best three are Manning, Brees and Brady.

The next two are Roethlisberger and Rivers.

Beyond that and in what order I'm not sure

11. zagoshe

Me, like to argue -- what would ever give you that impression? ;D

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Yes, Brady did put up the best statistical season. The numbers don't lie. But my main problem with that is he kept playing in a lot of blowouts because Hoodie never pulled him when he threw 50 TDs.

The season Manning threw 49, he sat out a helluva lot of fourth quarters. Had it been Hoodie coaching, Manning probably throws 55 or more that season.

Draft saved Draft deleted