1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brady! Brady! Brady! (or, will Subway and MetRx's poster boy pay off?)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Nov 3, 2008.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Yeah... and it's a home game. Maybe they wanted him to get his first start at home?

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Browns are actually favored by 3.

3. amraeder

Doesn't really surprise me. The Broncos have been pretty bad of late.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Those lucktards should have two wins. Hosed SD on an awful call at the end, then got lucky with a two-point conversion, and beat NO when Gramatica missed a makeable FG.

5. amraeder

Yeah, that's why I've convinced myself this wasn't a bad move. Especially since Denver's entire defense is on the IR.

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Hasn't worked out so well for Hasselbeck.

7. amraeder

Ha. I completely forgot he endorsed that too.

8. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

I was at the Monday night game against the Giants, sitting in the upper deck of the end zone opposite the Dawg Pound (pretty much a perfect view to watch plays develop).

He missed wide-open receivers a LOT, and his passes aren't that accurate. Case in point, early in the second quarter when they had the wind at their back, the Browns ran a play-action bootleg. Anderson rolled right and had Edwards WIDE open deep down the field. He ended up completing the pass, but it was so underthrown, the DB had time to catch up and make the tackle.

For every pass where Anderson has gotten hosed by one of his receivers dropping a good ball, he's also gotten bailed out by one of those receivers making a catch on a pass that should've been picked off (think of Edwards' TD catch yesterday, where had a wrestling match in the end zone for the ball).

Forget the short week stuff. Quinn was getting first-team reps weeks ago the last time Anderson was on the hot seat after the 0-3 start. I'd much rather him get his first start at home against a god-awful defense than on the road on Monday Night Football against the Bills.

This team needed a kick in the ass of some sort. And really, at this point, what have they got to lose?

9. HeritageTribune

HeritageTribune New Member

Crennel Starting Quinn On Thursday?

Romeo Crennel has announced Brady Quinn will make his first start of his career on thursday for a tilt with the Broncos. The 6' 3 Ohio native is a fan favourite in Cleveland and Crennel insists that this decision was not based on fan wishes. It is of my opinion Derek Andersons costly interception and Cleveland's overall lack of offensive production this year can account for the QB change. One question is still lingering however. Crennel made his opinion very clear after Sundays loss to the Ravens that there would be no changes for the upcoming game this week. Who made this decision? Has upper managment cut Crennel out of key football decisions like this one? Is there any truth to Crennel being pushed out or fired from the Cleveland Browns organization?

10. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Re: Crennel Starting Quinn On Thursday?

Welcome aboard. You may find the answers you seek here ...
    http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/63242/

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

uh oh

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Good to see we have another Canuck among us.

Draft saved Draft deleted