1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bracket pool for bragging rights?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Buck, Mar 17, 2015.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I can't believe I still have a chance to win.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Go Sparty! Go Badgers! B1G rules!

3. RecoveringJournalist

Props on the Spartans pick. I thought I was being bold having them go to the Elite Eight.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

After watching Michigan State in the Big 10 tournament, I was sold. Actually, what really sold me was Izzo's interview with the sideline reporter a minute or two after they won their semifinal. His first words were, "I love March!" I pegged them for a deep NCAA run right at that moment.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

If there's one (actually two) things I should have learned from the last 10 or so years of the tourney is that Michigan State and Xavier are damn near guaranteed to make a deep run. Had State to the Eight as well this time. Alas, wimped on Xavier because of them having to navigate the play-in game.

6. RecoveringJournalist

Going for my first win here since 2002-03. Go Bucky!

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I was doing well for awhile, and leading, but needed Mich St and Kentucky to win in the semis. Now I am toast.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

As am I. Sparty couldn't finish for me.

9. RecoveringJournalist

Second place... Normally, I'd be fine with that, but last night's loss cost me quite a bit of $$$... When the person who runs my work pool called me yesterday and said, "If Wisconsin wins, you get $350." I should have known Duke was a lock to win. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted