1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bozeman Daily Chronicle sports page designer-copy editor

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Seattle Hurler, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Seattle Hurler

Seattle Hurler New Member

Come work in "The Last Best Place." The Bozeman Daily Chronicle needs a sports page designer-copy editor who can help take one of Montana's best sports sections to even higher levels. APSE has rated our Sunday sports section among the best in the nation the past two years, and we're determined to crack the rankings for best daily section. We're looking for a creative visual artist who can copy edit and who can work with a talented group of sports writers and photographers. We build pages in Quark right now, but we'll soon switch to In-Design. Bozeman is home to Montana State University, and we cover the athletic department from top to bottom. The Gallatin Valley is populated by folks who are active, so our community coverage is dynamic. No matter what the season, this is a great place to live and to work. Send samples and resume to jcnockaert@dailychronicle.com or to Jim Cnockaert, Bozeman Daily Chronicle, 2820 W. College Ave., Bozeman, MT 59718.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Who left?

3. Seattle Hurler

Seattle Hurler New Member

Jeff Welsch, who's been the sports editor the past three years, is leaving the business to become communications manager for the Greater Yellowstone Coalition. Jim Cnockaert, who had been sports editor of the now-defunct King County (Wash.) Journal and was long-time Michigan football writer for the Ann Arbor News, has been promoted to sports editor. He joined the Chronicle sports staff more than a year ago. These changes are effective Super Bowl Sunday.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

good for cnockaert. good to see him bounce back.

5. Mr. Homer

Mr. Homer Member

How big is this paper?

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

your computer can't access google or abc?

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's a smaller paper (maybe 25K), although in Montana that's relative.

This paper has had a lot of really good people leave in the last year, and some of that was because of dissatisfaction with the direction of the paper (not speaking of Mr. Welsch, BTW, who is a fantabulous soul, according to everyone I know).

Bozeman is an awesome town though.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

lower.

9. sportschick

Between 15K and 20K? I never knew when I was in Montana.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

it is somewhere between 0 and 24,999.

11. sportschick

And you are full of fail with the quote function :D

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and i can't even begin to tell you how badly that pisses me off.

Draft saved Draft deleted