1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boxing ring stolen

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

http://www.comcast.net/articles/sports-boxing/20081112/Stolen.Ring/

I guess some people will steal anything, but I can't imagine how anyone can steal something like this without getting caught.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Toledo police were unable to get a good description of the stolen item.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

In fairness to police, they were befuddled by Jim Ross' characterization of the missing item as "the squared circle."

4. editorhoo

editorhoo Member

Seriously, how the fuck do you steal a boxing ring? I want to meet the dudes so I can by 'em a round or two.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

Guaranteed, it got taken apart and rolled up before leaving that place. Not that hard to do.

6. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

A while back, thieves around here were stealing soccer goals and metal bleachers and selling them for scrap metal.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Pun intended? ;)

8. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

It would think fencing it is going to be much harder than with most other stolen rings.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Huge things like this getting stolen always baffle me. This summer, when the price of scrap copper was so high, there was a rash of wire and air conditioners being stolen around here. I'm not talking window unit air conditioners. These were huge industrial units from the sides and top of buildings. Things weigh a couple of tons apiece. How on earth do you steal that with no one hearing, no one seeing anything? You've got to have some heavy, noisy equipment and trucks to do it.
    Compared to those, though, a boxing ring is like shoplifting a candy bar.

10. Notepad

Notepad Member

Are the police going to canvas the area for it?

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Wonderful. Simply wonderful. :)

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The cops are really backed into a corner on this one.

Draft saved Draft deleted