1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boston

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pastor, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Jones -- The really odd thing is that incredibly funky location has been a bar from at least the time when I was a young underground journalist in that very neighborhood. I also remember the Kentucky Tavern fondly and it's now a Tower Records.
    And then there's the Eliot...

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

OK, I'm late to the party and too late to help Pastor, but I was wondering if Turner Fisheries is still in existence in the lobby of the Copley Place Westin. Simply the best clam chowder you could have. When I used to stay at the Westin (1987-'95), I'd go in for a bowl of clam chowder there at least twice every trip.

3. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

4. KP

KP Active Member

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Thanks to all that contributed. We had a great time, despite the absolute shit weather on Sunday. It wasn't crappy enough to force us in the hotel all day, but it was enough to make the walking seem quite annoying.

I used some of the restaurant suggestions mentioned here and felt they were excellent. I also went to a few of the bars listed. There is certainly some excellent places to eat and drink.

Thank you. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted