1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boston

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pastor, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

That certainly seems possible. Walking will make me thirsty. :)

2. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

If you happen to venture over to Cambridge, The Border Cafe is a stone's throw from Harvard and has great (and affordable) Mexican food and margs to die for - the Cointreau marg is incredible.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Crass seems like a "southie" kind of guy so I thought he might like it. Hey at least I did not suggest some of the finer establishments in Mattapan Square.

4. KP

KP Active Member

We should just send him down Dot or Blue Hill Ave and see what kind of funky restaurants he can find.
    I'll set the over/under on bullets that hit the car at 3.5 with a line of -110.

5. Larry and FB - Daisey's holds a charm for me because of memories. It is a regular Patriots Day stop when me and my friends have the Red Sox - marathon daily double in operation. Daisey's is to me that beautiful girl from high school that has let herself go a bit but who you still remember as beautiful.

6. OK, that's fair. We all have places like that.
    The odd thing about Daisy's -- besides the fact you used to be able to see most of the AL and half the NHL in there back in the day --- is that it really was kind of OFF the marathon course until they moved the finish line down the street to Copley. Now it's in the heart.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Unavailable for comment:

[​IMG]

Oh, wait, not THAT South Boston ...

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Thanks Brad Delp or Tom Scholz for checkin' in

9. Jones

Jones Active Member

One of my favorite bars in the world is in Boston: Bukowski's.

It's in kind of a weird spot, sort of in the bottom of a parking garage, next to some major traffic artery, across from -- if I'm remembering right -- the Sheraton downtown.

Great vibe. A little punk and a lot drunk, good beer, filling if unsensational chow.

I also like Sevens. No idea how to describe where it's at, but it's a sweet rainy afternoon kind of place.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

New England as a region still has great bar rooms.

Speaking of Southie and the Irish mob - seems like potentially great movie coming out in fall - The Departed with Jack Nicholson , Matt Damon and Martin Sheen.

11. I used to work at Daisy's when I was at BU.

One of my favorite athlete stories was when Bobby Ayala, a reliever for the Seattle Mariners, picked up some skank in the back room, took her to the front room, requested some slow music, and began to dance with her. Well, you know how that goes. Before long, in a semi-crowded room, Ayala - a real class act, if my memory is correct - lifts the woman up and she's straddling him. She pulls his junk out, and yep, it starts happening. I was working the door, turned to my manager and pointed. My manager put his hand up and said, "Just give him a second."

Ah, Daisy's.

12. KP

KP Active Member

Correct, across the street from the Hynes Conv. Ctr and not far away from Brett Myers' KO.

Draft saved Draft deleted