1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boston

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pastor, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I'm going to be heading up there with the Mrs. for the weekend and was looking for a nice place to eat dinner on Sunday. I know we have a thread about traveling somewhere, but I didn't see it.

In any case, I'm mostly looking for quality. If there is a dress code, let me know. If the place has a website, that would also be very good. I'm not too concerned about price, but if it is going to be up there, a good heads up will help.

Any and all help is very much appreciated. :)

Thank you!

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, if you're ready, hitch a ride and don't look back.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Stickied to the Journalism Only board.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/9222/

Ordinarily I wouldn't have been a douche, but the Google ad spit out "Memorization is for dorks." :D

4. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Not a Boston guy, but spent a week there on vacation this summer and damn if the north end (Little Italy) didn't seem to have great restaurants all over the place. Said one local -- "you can't get a bad meal there."

5. If you ask to go to "Little Italy," the cabbie might drive you to Carmine Street in NYC. But Francesca's in the North End in top-notch. Any Legal Seafoods is worth a look -- very cold beer, with a fine selection, too, BTW -- but usually jammed on weekends. Bob's on Columbus Ave. in the South End has terrific soul food, and Redbones in Somerville is the place for bbq, if you can get out of the city a little.
    There's a great assortment of different styles both in Harvard Square and in the South End. And Doyle's in Jamaica PLain is the place for a pint.

6. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

For Italian go to the North End.....very hard to find a bad meal at any of the 17,000 restaurants on Hanover St. Strega is very good, and a good place to go to see celebrities (if thats your thing). The Daily Catch in the Nawt End is a good spot for seafood....the serve a "warm" lobster roll thats amazing.

For steak, and a pricey meal I recommend Abe & Louies. It's on Boylston st, nice decor, very good meats and very pricey......make a reservation.

check out this website if you have the time;

http://www.phantomgourmet.com/

7. KP

KP Active Member

Giacomo's on Hanover St. has excellent Italian. Very small space.
    Abe & Louie's on Boylston, excellent steaks

8. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Giacomo's is great....but get in line now if you hope to eat their on saturday night.

They have a location in the South End too.....no clue about the lines there.

9. But, whatever you do, don't ask thephantomgourmet about his father, the talk-show host.
    Yikes.

10. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

No kidding!!!! What a miserable man he is.......if he's not in on the scam...they're a "cahpetbagga"

11. And, for god's sake, stay away from the Kowloon!

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Damn you Pastor (not personal).... I cant get the song "Amanda" out of my head!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted