1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boston trip in May

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ace, Mar 18, 2016.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The restaurant I always recommend (Turner Fisheries in the Copley Place Westin) is no longer open, but I think you can still get their clam chowder in a couple other Turner Seafood restaurants.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I like how you think. Kids want to see Boston, though. Maybe we'll head there sooner.

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I will be near Buffalo in July for a family reunion and plan to make a quick detour to Niagra Falls. I will definitely head into Canada.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

If you're curious about the view from your seats, I found this site very helpful when I was shopping for Fenway tickets last year:

Fenway Park seating chart, Red Sox, Precise Seating LLC

It actually has a "view" from every seat in the park, with mock-ups and charts explaining how much of the field — if any — is blocked from a given seat.

Ace likes this.
  5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I went to two Fenway games in 1996 with seats down the rightfield line. I had to turn left in my to see the game. And it was cold as shit in June.

Bunker Hill Monument is, I think, 267 steps to the top. I liked the USS Constitution the best, seeing the live oak that they used to build it.

Ace likes this.
  6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I would love to see the historical sites in Boston, but I loathe all Boston sports and most Boston fans.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Constitution is in dry dock for at least the next year, maybe two.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

OK, Ace, if you're in Boston on or near the Freedom Trail, make sure when you go to the Old Granary Burial Ground to check out the gravesite of Peter Gee, first Gee to hit these shores around 1650 or so. He's in the middle back center.

Fly, Huggy, YankeeFan and 1 other person like this.
  9. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Mrs. Fly has folks who came over in the 1630s in holes at both Granary and King's. We are hoping to get out there in June.

10. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

And the trip would give us an excuse to drive the 90 minutes north to Kittery, Maine for some more of Bob's Clam Hut's Lobster Stew, quite possibly my favorite restaurant dish ever.

Ace likes this.
  11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Thursdays are Cougar night at the hotel bar, Bokx. Just sayin'.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Watch out for super mutants around Boston.

amraeder and Ace like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted