1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boston or New York

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by FuerteJ, Jul 1, 2006.

1. shecky

shecky Member

My vote's with Boston, but only because it's my hometown. If you go to Boston, don't drive around the city. Leave the car at the hotel. You can get in on the T from the burbs and the city is the most walkable you'll find. Driving is only for the natives.

2. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

So it's possible to stay in the burbs and take public transportation? As naive as that may sound, you're talking to a guy who has lived in the South his entire life and public transportation isn't even a thought. Though i do love me some public transportation. That's part of the reason I like NY>

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Fuerte:

When I went to Boston in college, we stayed in Cambridge, took a taxi to Harvard Square and jumped on the T there. Took us right into Boston. Fantabulous.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Sometimes when I'm walking along the Charles River, I wonder what would happen if a biker hit the rail and plummeted into the icy depths.

5. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

Two good choices. I'm more partial to NYC, but you can't go wrong either way. If you love visiting college campuses, then Boston might be the choice.

But a free place to stay is hard to turn down.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Is that a Steven Wright line? It sounds like him, being from Boston (Emerson?) and all.

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

It's either my own, or I'm an unintentional plagiarist.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

My apologies. I heard Wright's voice reading that. It's quite the fatalistic line, Dye. :D

9. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

If you do pick Boston, and you get really...REALLY bored. See how far you can walk without passing a Dunkin Donuts. I almost made it two and a half blocks.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

It is no longer possible to walk 2½ blocks in Manhattan without passing a Starbucks.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Here's a way to determine it: Decide which is less obnoxious: bostonSportsJournalists.com or nySportsJournalists.com. Then go there.

12. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Christ....why not ask him to figure the square root of 1222000889898989898249894893849384?

Go to Boston...........only because its a city you haven't seen before. And, its a good time.

Draft saved Draft deleted