1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boston Legal fans...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

This, from tvguide.com...
    Wow. Watched the show when I could, and I love Bowen and Zimmer (for obvious reasons) and Valley (still a fan of late Fox show "Keen Eddie"). Damn. But then they add Larroquette? Wow. Maybe he can be the guy he was from "The West Wing."

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Chase was the foil for Shore. Doesn't seem like a good loss. Bowen doesn't seem like much of a loss

3. Killick

Loved the ep when they were looking for the lost kid, and ended up chopping off the priest's finger, though. But they stopped using Bowen very much.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Larroquette actually strikes me as a perfect fit for this show.

5. The Bowen-Valley storyline last year irritated me to no end. Hate to see Zimmer go, but bringing in Larroquette is awesome.

FYI, they have some pretty good Boston Legal stuff in ABC's online store. I got my dad two Crane, Poole and Schmidt scotch glasses for Father's Day. It's his favorite show.

6. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

i like the moves.

Julie Bowen lost it when she got the bun in the oven. She's hot, but so what?

Mark Valley's character was good as long as he was being a foil for Alan Shore. But that turned into a rout. Brainless pretty boy sperm donor.

Constance Zimmer? Yuk. Don't need her. They have enough attitude in small packages from the Little Person. They also don't need the Oprah impersonator/shy guy, unless he can talk Jerry into cross dressing to cure his Asparger's. All the time they waste on a fat guy in a wig, is time they could devote to some nasty ladder climbing skank.

They need a new stable of hotties for Denny and Alan to fight over.

Just let Alan, Denny and Shirley carry the ball.

Bring back Tara! Now there was a gal you could bring home to Mom.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

They made just about every mis-step you could think of in the utilization of Julie Bowen. They turned her from a smart lawyer into a barely decipherable harpie. Frankly, she deserved better than the character arc they provided her.

Rene Auberjonois ... he had only slightly more impact here than he did as Father Mulcahy in the movie version of "M*A*S*H." Which is to say, none.

I'll miss Constance Zimmer's character, but I think I'm probably in the minority on that one.

Couldn't agree more with oop's assessment on Larroquette; this is his type of biting, smart comedy. And keeping the Jerry character was a no-brainer. He just gets funnier by the episode.

8. Killick

Like....

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Perfect. ;)

10. outofplace

When has Auberjonois ever made an impact on a series other than Star Trek: DS9?

Back before this show spun off from The Practice, there were always a number of Star Trek connections, with a bunch of actors from the various shows taking on guest spots, usually as judges.

11. Killick

Auberjonois impact: Benson.

12. outofplace

Showing my youth there (and I so rarely get to do that). I barely remember that show. Forgot he was on it.

Draft saved Draft deleted