1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boston Herald pulls Ron Borges column on Tom Brady

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Steak Snabler, Feb 9, 2018.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

They definitely should do that. They could discover their Jayson Blair.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Damn right, we can go at least three times.

Rhody31 likes this.
  3. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Nerdy questions (because nothing gets me more fired up than a good journalism controversy)

-Can Borges apologize and say "a source I thought was Don Yee" because to me that's very close to outing a source, fake or not.

-Does Borges have any legal standing suing Nick the DB? I don't think there is, I could be wrong.

-Could the Patriots/Brady sue Nick the DB for libel? Could the Patriots/Brady sue Borges for libel? My inclination is no because you'd have to prove damages and I don't know what damages that story could cause other than pissing off a fanbase.

Journalism controversy and Patriots controversy all rolled up in one has made this Friday FLY by

4. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Everyone comes off looking bad here. Obviously Ron gets the bulk of it, because that’s pretty bad, but WEEI is enjoying it to no end and it’s not a great look. As for Nick in Boston, he should find a hobby.

5. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Gator: I think Nick in Boston has a hobby - - and this whole controversy is based on his "hobby actions".

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Jimmy & Elliotte nail it. The subsect of wanna-be media and media trolls in Boston is such a fucked-up cesspool. All b/c not everyone thinks Belichick walks on water. Anyone who wants to know how an American dictatorship would look with a successful person in charge should look to Patriots coverage in New England and reactions to said coverage when it is less than 1000 percent positive.

Double Down and wicked like this.
  7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

cjericho likes this.
  9. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Like I said, if the idiot trying to run the country had half a clue, he'd pay attention to Foxboro for the how-to on running a dictatorship.

12. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

It's interesting that it says "his column" is suspended.....is he not on staff? If he's a "columnist" mailing in a couple pieces a week during football he's toast. A paper going through bankrupcy can certainly afford to let that blood go.

Also would partially explain, besides ego, why he wouldn't ave easily been able to cross check the number with a beat writer sitting two desks over

Draft saved Draft deleted