1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boston College threatens Jagodzinski

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Jan 5, 2009.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I looked and haven't seen a thread on this (no NFL coaching search thread on first three pages).

BC coach Jeff Jagodzinski set to interview for Jets job when BC says he'll be fired if he goes through with the interview.

He was Favre's OC in 2006 at Green Bay.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/01/interview_with_jets_could_cost.html

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Good luck trying to get another good coach with that attitude, BC...

3. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

When did BC begin to think it was Southern Cal?

No one outside the campus gives a damn about BC football.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Paging Starman. Starman, please report to the white courtesy phone.

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

This is coming from a Boston partisan in general, mind you--there's almost nothing more annoying than BC fanbois in the city.

Edit: Although, mocking them is good fun. Just go up to some BC'ers at a bar wearing a BU shirt. Good times. :)

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

If I were Jagodzinski, I'd tell BC where to stick it. Where do they get off threatening someone like that? Man, talk about fodder for a wrongful termination lawsuit.

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Unless there's something specific in his contract, which I would doubt, I don't think they have any grounds here.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

So when does the Brian Kelly chatter begin?

He's a BC grad.

9. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

That is incorrect. And at this point, that might just be a lateral move for him.

10. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

They've already said Steve Logan would be promoted to head coach if they can Jaglakjsfkljsa.

11. According to ESPN radio, BC officials are pointing to some type of verbal promise coach made to them.

It's not a contract but if I trusted someone enough to take them at their word I might be a little upset that they broke the promise. That said, you can't really fault a guy for wanting a shot at the NFL - even if it is the Jets.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Contracts have to work both ways. If the team is free to fire you without cause, then you are free to leave --- or explore the possibility of leaving --- without cause. I suspect if they fire him, they would have to pay him off.

Draft saved Draft deleted