1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boston Area SJ.com Folk: Question For You

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KevinmH9, Mar 24, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I love subways. I'm not going to lie, one of the main attractions of moving to NYC (which I'd like to do) is to have the subway.

Love it. Love the T. Love it all!

2. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Gotta say, though, of all the subways I've been on, NYC had a very easy one.

3. In Exile

In Exile Member

My god, if anyone is afraid to take the T or commuter rail in Boston, you should just stay home - or just go the "Cheers." And a cab ride from Boston to Hingham will cost a fortune - and if you are trying to do it at rush hour it might also take you two hours.

4. Kevin -- Double check, because I think you can take commuter rail from SS to Hingham now. They opened a new -- and very controversial -- southbound line last year, IIRC.

5. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

Definitely take the commuter rail. Cabs are unbelievably expensive. I'd guess a cab to Hingham is $100 unless you specifically arrange something with the driver beforehand.

6. sostartled

sostartled Member

I took a cab from South Station to North Station (in a rush) and it cost me about 8 bucks. And that is about a 5 minute ride.

7. bristolex

bristolex New Member

Take commuter boat from Wharf direct to Higham:

http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/boats/lines/?route=F1

8. KP

KP Active Member

Just take the Commuter Rail (Greenbush Line) from South Station to West Hingham.
    http://mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/rail/lines/?route=GREENBSH

Could also take the Red Line to Quincy Center and then the 220 bus to Hingham Center.

Only take the Red Line out to Braintree if you insist on taking a cab to the final destination.

9. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Thanks for the responses, everyone. I think what I might end up doing to save some time is taking the Red Line out to Quincy Center as the red line is fast, anyway. Then transferring over to the Commuter Rail from there to W. Hingham.

Draft saved Draft deleted