1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Booster problems at Mississippi State

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Sep 12, 2012.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

+1

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

True, but they have the money to, maybe not guarantee, but make it unlikely that happens... Hell, any team is a Mike Shula or a Ron Zook away from going in the shitter...

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Shula had a 10-2 season and a winning record overall. Zook went 23-14 at Florida. That definition of "the shitter" would have Mississippi State fans saying:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Kirby Smart might be waiting a long, long time. Saban is 60. Not a young pup, but it's not like his best days are behind him. Given the level he's at, his demeanor, and the situation he's in at Alabama, I could easily see him coaching at least another decade.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

[​IMG] doesn't see your point

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

On a thread discussing how hard it is to recruit football players to Miss. St., I get a banner ad telling me 4-year scholarships are available at Kansas. Computers are getting too smart for our own good.

7. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Hell, Muschamp would probably smile for Zook-level success.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

To those of us in the other 49 states--maybe not West Virginia--it's amusing to see Mississipians insulting other Mississipians as trailer trash. Pot and kettle, etc.

9. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

The trailer park, trailer-trash stuff is being overblown by some who hardly know much about housing in Mississippi.

In some areas of the Magnolia State, shacks out-number trailers.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

And there are plenty of places in the Magnolia State where the homes are awesome.

11. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Are ALL the homes in those places awesome?

I'm being sarcastic, Drip, and I do take your point.

Draft saved Draft deleted