1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boone cutbacks?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by slappy4428, Jan 27, 2011.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Friend of mine was cut the other day at a weekly. Said they didn't need a FT sports editor (RE: Guess who makes too much money?). They also didn't need a publisher, so they whacked her after 18 years and replaced her with the ad manager. They also didn't need an editor, so they whacked them and hired a managing editor -- who will also cover sports.

Any other Boone paper getting cut? Cheap ass group is bare-bones as it is. Sucks, because the SE is good people. Brought his paper into Twitter/Facebook age and pushed interactive...

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Interviewed at a Boone paper once. Once I saw the disparity in salaries, the double-talk and, finally, an insulting publisher, I knew I wasn't getting anywhere near that one.

Not surprised at all, Slap, not only because of the industry as a whole but also the group in particular.

Draft saved Draft deleted