1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boom to The Yankees : " Are You Effin Kiddin Me?"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Here is a link to the various options - the ledgends suites are the ones closest to field.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/ballpark/premium_seating/index.jsp

The Main level is not looking so bad.

What sucks is that the Yankees will not reveal what the next option is should you decline this wonderful opportunity they are offering current season ticket holders.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

You're sentenced to move to South Florida so that you may view every 2009
    Marlins home game -- in seats wholly exposed to the sun.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I'm really staying out of this, because the fastest way to ruin a great relationship is to criticize how a man spends his money...but if we ever have to decide between week in Vail and a two-day series against the Rays, there's going to be a problem.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

God damn, man. You're actually considering spending 1,500 bucks/ticket/game? Are you out of your fucking mind? Do you have more money than sense? Either way, I know what I'd tell them.

5. lono

lono Active Member

For $1500 a seat per game, I would demand strong drink and happy endings.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Barnum was right.

"There's a sucker born every minute".

And so was my mother.

"More money than brains".

7. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

No shit. I couldn't imagine many people in this industry able to afford that. Minor league baseball tickets are still dirt cheap and the way to go if you are located near one. Hell, I remember following the Sea Dogs a few years back when they had Lester, Papelbon, Pedroia, Craig Hanson, Cla Meredith, Anibal Sanchez, Hanley Ramirez, etc. up in Portland. 5 dollars a ticket for incredible seats. And the players on both sides are very accessible to talk to and meet with.

Major League prices are completely out of my price range. I haven't even been to Fenway since '06 and I used to go to nearly every game while growing up in the mid-to-late '90s. I can only imagine how Yankee Stadium is, especially considering its in its final season.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Just went back and looked at a few old ticket invoices

same seats in 92 14.50 per

96 $35

07 $125
    08 $250
    09 $1500

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Boom,
    You're not seriously considering this, are you?

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I can't believe you spent 1,000/game on four seats for 81 games. Jesus Fucking Christ, man. Send me 81 grand and I'll pay your cable bill so you can watch and stay warm.

11. lono

lono Active Member

Boom:

With all due respect, you should change the thread's title to: "Yankees to Boom: bend over and grab your ankles."

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

If you have access to unlimited fu money, no prob.

Anything less . . . trading down, slightly, is a broad temptation.

Draft saved Draft deleted