1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boom to The Yankees : " Are You Effin Kiddin Me?"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Not likely, Ragu.
    There's no Peter Angelos in the wings in NYC.
    I think "seat resettlement counselor" is the best SportsJournalists.com phrase in a long while.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Dude, mix in a graph break.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

My company thought about getting a box, so I looked at the paperwork. They actually lock you up for 3 years on the best tickets. That $10k a game commitment for 4 seats is actually about $2.5mm over three years. Having said that, people will pay at the top end -- there is so much corporate and individual cash in NYC.

I think that the harder part will be the tickets which are very good, say $75-$125 a game, which are now going to be $150-$300.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Is there a waiting list for your current seat?

Maybe you can sell the seat on your own to a high bidder?

Like a company might pay you $50K just for the right to get your seats? You could just say that you would get 10 games a year in the contract.

Is that a possibility?

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

How do prices at Citi Field compare?

Dear Giant No-Meat Pasta Sauce Guy:

[​IMG]

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Exactly - As another angle there are many clients who you can give 4 seats to as a thanks if they are valued at less than $100 .Try giving those same clients $6000 worth of seats and you put their jobs at risk for taking a bribe. You might also have to send them a 1099.

My sense is the Yankees are playing a cat and mouse game - try to sell as many seats a possible at big number then what does not sell lower price and modify offering.

Out of 81 home games a year I would say in past 10 years there would be maybe 10 "must' games a season that if you had to attend. That leaves 71 other games at $6000 per game - no thanks

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Yankee Stadium looks like a pleasure palace

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

BR is right about how prices erode the fan base. It's already happened at Rangers and Knicks games. Seated anywhere on the first couple of levels, you find yourself surrounded not so much by actual fans, but by ibankers or arbitrageurs or account executives on the second leg of an expense-account night that began at Keen's or Smith and Wollensky with a $2200 dinner, and will end much, much later on the sidewalk in front of Scores with a sloppy manhug by the open door of an idling cab sealing the promise of a new deal on just-in-time widget delivery for fiscal year 2009.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Boomsie,
    It would be cheaper for you to buy a ticket and travel to every away game -- sitting inthe same approximate seats -- than it would be at the "new" Yankee Stadium.
    Your choice is clear: ROAD TRIP!

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Dam jg that made me laugh. One of the uglier sites in late night NYC - the investment banker "manhug" as the black lincoln town car waits to wisk Lyle home to leafy CT and Babs and the kiddies

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Boom, you could own PNC for $1500 a game.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

LOL

Draft saved Draft deleted