1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Boom goes the dynamite" kid gets job in Texas

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Aug 23, 2008.

1. jps

jps Active Member

I dunno how he feels about spoons, but mikey's pretty fond of sporks ...

and, yeah, clip's freaking hilarious. I was on tv and radio in college days, and never had or saw a failure that epic. so it is funny. sorry. bet his mom laughed, too.

2. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

LOL why are people so uptight? This kid bombed, and it was hilarious. His background was readily available for those who were interested, and I don't think he was even a journalism student at the time. Good for him, it's just that he went down as one of the biggest Youtube/Ebaums celebrities and now he's got a job doing the same thing.

3. I guess I missed out on all the Youtube Euphoria and celebrity status that this kid received. All I know is what I've read here and what was on the clip.

It's kind of sad if that clip is all it takes to make you a "celebrity" but that's the power of the Internet.

Anyway, Im not uptight, I just don't see the point in ragging on someone half my age. When you make it to your 40s, you see college students as kids still learning, that's all.

4. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Geez, guys, I'm with Tom on this one, it's not like we're kicking the kid when he's down. It's long past, he knows all about the clip, he knows it was terrible, he has gotten more recognition off it than he possibly could have otherwise, and he has moved on, apparently successfully.

Clip is still funny, and if 100000 more people watch it, he'll STILL have moved on, apparently successfully.

5. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

heck, there really wasn't any ridiculing going on in this thread. the kid probably even got so "famous" he got laid by hottie previously out of his league at least once.

6. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Good for him.

Speaking only for myself, I know that some of the horrendous mistakes I made as a young and naive undergrad can still motivate me today. He'll still have that hilarious clip, but he can always see it as his rookie baptism of fire.

I hope dude can laugh at it now.

8. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

I hope he has the good sense to use his boom goes the dynamite line again.

9. This is the tone I like to read on here. Much more light-hearted and appreciative. I'm sure he's learned, and you're right, he should use that line again just for fun.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

are you dense? the conversation never was mean-spirited toward boom boy.

11. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

I've seen a couple of his clips now at the Waco station. He's not the worst, but he overinflects his voice more than most.
    I'm also sad he's a news reporter and not sports. Waco TV shares a couple of coverage towns with us and I'd love to run in to him at some random game.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

fucking hater.

Draft saved Draft deleted