1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bookstore violation means 30+ Charleston Southern players suspended vs. FSU

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ace, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Charleston Southern is an FCS school with a Division II athletic department infrastructure. It's just now started to get serious about adding academic support people, or even a full football coaching staff. Quite honestly, having covered CSU from afar for a decade, I'm surprised something like this didn't happen sooner. The Post & Courier cares so much about the school that its beat writer is a former CSU SID who is a correspondent. CSU has built a nice little FCS program. Made it to the quarterfinals of the playoffs last year. Took North Dakota State to OT this year. I don't know how Chadwell is getting players there. The facilities are the worst in scholarship Division I football. Stadium seats about 4,000 and just last year got lights. Their basketball "arena" seats 881. The campus is 20 miles from downtown Charleston, so you can sell the beach, but it's not really close.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    exmediahack likes this.
  2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

The chapter on price-gouging patterns costs $137 just to skim through. :confused:

dixiehack and doctorquant like this.
  3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I also noticed the Post and Courier was lagging way behind on this story as the day unfolded on Friday. Sounds like the fan boi beat guy and paper didn't want to stir anything up.

Draft saved Draft deleted