1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Book-related thanks to SJ.com

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Msaint, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Msaint

Msaint Member

A little while back I posted about my book, Just Kick It: Tales of an Underdog, Over-Age, Out-of-Place Semi-Pro Football Player, and asked if any of the sports pros here cared to cover it. Got a few nice responses and, possibly as a result, some pretty nice reviews/coverage leading up to the holidays*.

(I wrote a fantasy football blog for New York Times.com this football season and tried, in my own small way, to return the favor by mentioning SportsJournalists.com a few times as a tremendously informative/funny epicenter of sports discussion, which it is.)

Anyway, I just wanted to give a quick thanks to everyone who replied to my original post with publicity suggestions/advice, and to anyone who may have passed on word of the book to a sports editor here, a book reviewer there, etc. etc. Much appreciated, and I hope that everyone here has a safe and happy New Year.

*Not sure if a Boston-area SportsJournalists.com member somehow facilitated this review, but if so, many thanks. http://www.boston.com/ae/books/articles/2006/12/24/kickers_just_kept_getting_harder_to_find/

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Congrats on the good reviews, not to mention getting published in the first place! Hopefully you've sold more than a few copies through the Christmas/New Year's season.

3. Msaint

Msaint Member

Thanks, Double J. Yeah, we saw a little sales boost this holiday season...mind you, not enough for me send that $250,000 donation to SportsJournalists.com -- yet -- but maybe we'll get there. Just need a couple million of my closest friends to buy copies. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted