1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

bonnie fraudstein's back

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by shockey, Jun 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shockey

shockey Active Member

bernstein, who claimed she was out of the on-air tv biz six months ago, is replacing sam ryan as espn's baseball/college football sideline reporter. so much for that company she was supposedly starting up.

know how tv types are lying? their lips are moving. 8) 8)

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Hey, she might be a fraud, but her face is back on camera. That's good enough for me. ;D

3. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

This just seems like an excuse to take cheapshots at Bernstein for what reason? Did you not give you the time of the day when you tried out a lame line on her?

So she took another job.

Big deal.

At my previous job, I had the mindset of staying forever. There was speculation that I was going to move to a place that had never contacted me about a job. Within six months, the situation deteriorated in a hurry and I got a great offer from the rumored suitor. So I left. Should I have stayed in a miserable situation, just because six months earlier I told people -- and sincerely expected -- I would be there for the long haul?

4. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Maybe she found starting a new business not as easy/profitable as she thought. What's she supposed to do, go on welfare? She's not the first media type to come back.

5. somewriter

somewriter Member

I think that what shockey referred to in his second post raises the possibility that this was not entirely voluntary or that her stated goals in leaving CBS were entirely truthful. At least everybody has mostly saved faced here, with Bonnie still in a relatively high-profile gig.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

When does Bobbi Bernstein return?

7. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

No hating on the lovely Ms. Bernstein. I hope she does some SEC games where she can meet a dashing young editor....

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

i have nothing personal against bonnie. haven't even met her. i just don't appreciate spin doctors. i wish her well. just don't trust anything she has to say. sorry if that strikes some as harsh.

9. Montezuma's Revenge

From "bonnie fraudstein" to "I wish her well."

Talk about some spin doctoring.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

hey, i wish everyone well. she's still a fraud i just don't trust, though. that doesn't mean i wish her or anyone else harm.

11. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Give me a break - what business is it of anyone's what Bonnie chooses to do with her career? She may have found out after time away that she actually missed television. She may have found the new business wasn't working out as well as she would have hoped and bills still come monthly. What's it to you? I doubt ESPN would hire her if the reason she left CBS was the malicious gossip spread about her in January, but someone decided to drag that crap up again. How dare anyone change their mind! If you do, you're a FRAUD!

12. Montezuma's Revenge

How noble of you.  ::) ::) 

But I don't see how you have demonstrated one shred of evidence that she's a fraud.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.