1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bonnaroo

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

www.welcomehere.org

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Thanks for the info, although I couldn't make it past the first sentence without laughing.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's quite a scene when 10,000 hippies go camping for a week.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

I can imagine, and, to be honest, my few dealings with groups of hippies have been pleasant. Now hordes of hippies, that's a different story.

5. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

This wasn't LiveStock was it? :D

6. The Life

The Life Member

I've been. A once-in-a-lifetime experience in that I'll never do it again but I'm glad as hell I did. Though if I had a place to stay like you, I'd do it again for sure.

It's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. The lines aren't too bad, once you're finally in. Water is expensive readily available. Food is solid for carny food. People are harmless (Being offered drugs happens, but who cares? I have no idea why people are scared of that - just say no and nobody bothers you). Music is great.

The only annoyance was camping with close to 100,000 people, but if you're not doing it then I see no reason whatsoever not to go.

7. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I have a buddy who's trying to get me to go this year (with pretty much free admission, boarding, travel). Had another that wanted to do his 40th birthday party there, but thankfully switched to Jazz Fest. I really don't have much desire to go to Bonnaroo. I think that's a quantum leap of sweatiness and grunginess from Jazz Fest. There are specific days at Jazz Fest I won't go just to avoid the jam-banders.

8. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Sounds like a real "life-experience" that you will gain something from, Henry.
    I'd sell the Mrs. on it, pack the tent and plenty of food, etc., and head for Tenn.
    If you never want to do it again, you don't have to.

Draft saved Draft deleted