1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bonnaroo 2010

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pencil Dick, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I would love to see the Zac Brown Band, Stevie Wonder, Weezer and the Dropkick Murphys.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Was told by someone who sat in on the scheduling meetings that Pink Floyd (with Roger Waters) would be there. And yes, this guy would know the difference between that and Flaming Lips performing "Dark Side of the Moon."

Maybe that's the still-to-be-announced headliner I'll Never Tell referred to. We'll see ...

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If that is true ... holy shit. Only the second time in 30 years for Waters and Gilmour together.

4. Football_Bat

Although Flaming Lips is a pretty decent consolation prize.

5. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

If Waters and Gilmour were to regroup for another one-off, I seriously doubt it's going to be on a farm in Tennessee.

I hope I'm wrong, though. Thought their last "reunion" performance together was epic, despite the obvious disdain between the frontmen for each other.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

An update after I talked to my guy with Bonnaroo tonight. Couple of things:

1. Jay-Z is the Friday night headliner.
    2. Dave Matthews is the Sunday night headliner.

3. As for the Pink Floyd thing, the original plan was to have Flaming Lips doing "Dark Side of the Moon" and then Roger Waters doing "The Wall" back-to-back but the negotiations with Waters have fallen through so far. The back-up plan is Paul McCartney, but he has a conflict that night that they might not be able to work out. The back-up back-up plan is Kings of Leon as the Saturday night headliner.

The final line-up is supposed to be announced in the next week or so.

7. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

holy crap. I want to go.

They Might Be Giants, Zac Brown Band, Jamey Johnson have me sold. I think I need to plan an early June trip to Tennessee. Damn that' one hell of a lineup.

8. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I just noticed Tenacious D too. WOW. i must go. I think we should use this venue for an SJ get together.

9. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Roger Waters is going to be performing The Wall in its entirety [with a scaled-down version of the original Wall stage show] on tour this year and next year.

10. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

For anybody located in the Southeast and into the festival scene, just wanted to make you aware of the Hangout Music Festival, in case you haven't heard.

It's going to be on the beach in Gulf Shores, Ala. I like the lineup better than Bonnaroo and Wanee, but that's just me. Best part? Tickets are a fraction of what Bonnaroo is ... less than 300 for a pair. Make your decision fast, because they're having it on the beach -- and there's only so much beach -- they're only selling 35,000 tickets.

Here's the site ... click herehttp://www.hangoutmusicfest.com/

And here's the lineup ...

Trey Anastasio and Classic TAB, Zac Brown Band, John Legend, Ben Harper and Relentless7, The Black Crowes, Alison Krauss and Union Station Featuring Jerry Douglas, Gov’t Mule, Flaming Lips, Ray LaMontagne, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Funky Meters, Blind Boys of Alabama, Matisyahu, Girl Talk, Guster, Brett Dennen, Keller Williams, Jerry Jeff Walker, North Mississippi Allstars. A.L.O., The Whigs, Ozomatli, OK GO, Orianthi, Davy Knowles and Back Door Slam, Pnuma Trio, Black Joe Lewis and the Honey Bears, Toubab Krewe, Mat Hires, A.A. Bondy, Rachel Goodrich, Moon Taxi, El Cantador, Kristy Lee and Roman Street

11. Football_Bat

The Mule, the Lips and Jerry Jeff are worth the price of admission alone.

Be interesting to see if Girl Talk is worth a crap live.

12. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

I've seen Girl Talk live and it was amazing. Of course, we'd just come from Phish, were blitzed off our asses and it was 2 in the morning.

But they estimated more than 30K there for that show. It was like a huge house party.

They swear the shows won't go past 11 p.m. (I'll believe that when I see it), but Girl Talk will suck balls if he plays during the daytime.

Draft saved Draft deleted